Do not judge and you will not be judged.
Forgive and you will be forgiven.
Give and it will be given to you.
Luke 6: 37-38

5 July 2009

My soul finds rest in God alone..

Last week, we learnt with great pleasure that Verity gained a first class degree in Physiotherapy so we were over the moon! Steven will go to her graduation on Wednesday.

Then on Friday, Camille found out that she passed her first year course in English Language and Italian so we celebrated today with a superb bbq, crispy Chinese duck champagne, and chocolate tart. Camille and Imogen managed to sun bathe for a while in the garden.
By 5ish Camille and I watched a french film: Mon meilleur ami, my best friend, with Daniel Auteuil. Very enjoyable. An art dealer goes to a funeral not to mourn but to make sure he gets an item the guy promised him, there were only about 6 people there...soon he realises that he hasn't a best friend. His partner in business makes a deal with him, if by the end of the month, he can show 'evidence' of one best friend, he can keep an antic Greek vase he's just acquired..Steven went for a long walk as he is not keen on French films as he finds them too slow!

I would like to conclude with some lines of Psalm 62.
1 My soul finds rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
...8 Trust in him (God) at all times, O people;
pour out your hearts to him.
for God is our refuge.

Last night, I could not sleep well and I thought about David, writing those amazing psalms, bringing confidence and encouragement to generations of Christians, children of the Holy One. As I read today's Encounter with God reading, Allen Goddard tells us that : the psalms provide us with every kind of answer we could ever express in response to God, the world around us, and the vicissitudes of our own hearts! I agree totally with this.

No comments:

fb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
PersonalizedSketchesandSentiments