Do not judge and you will not be judged.
Forgive and you will be forgiven.
Give and it will be given to you.
Luke 6: 37-38

15 October 2009

Every careless word....

Everyday, I receive a daily thought based on the Word from The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources. I must confess that it is so relevant to what I am going through. As in my job, I have to talk all day long, and answer quickly, I must take on seriously the advice given below. Let me know what you think!


Eph 4:29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

Jesus said, "I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken." Mt 12:36

But conversely words can edify. Words are power things, often underestimated. God left us with His Spirit and with His Word. And "the word of God is living and active." Heb 4:12a

God says of His Word, "my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Is 55:11

Likewise with us. Peter writes, "If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God." 1Peter 4:11a

Words influence. Words have impact. So consider carefully what you say. "Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone." Col 4:6

And pray, "Set a guard over my mouth, O LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips." Ps 141:3

Let us learn to speak by listening to the Lord and receiving the grace given. Isaiah said, "The Sovereign LORD has given me an instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary.
He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught." Is 50:4

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources

1 comment:

Honeycombs said...

Hi Nicky
Hope you are well, half term again and I'm glad to be off. My sister and mam are coming for a few days so I'm looking forward to it. Hope to see you, sorry I've not txt but think I'm becoming senile I start to do it then get distracted then forget. Have a blessed week. Love Jean x

fb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
PersonalizedSketchesandSentiments