Do not judge and you will not be judged.
Forgive and you will be forgiven.
Give and it will be given to you.
Luke 6: 37-38

30 April 2010

Teenagers

I honestly think that these days teenagers are under much more pressure than ever! Tonight, my second big girl has asked me to let her go camping with her friends in a field! We have had the same question six months ago and I thought that at the time our view was clear: it was a 'no' because of safety reason! So I am thinking, why tonight ? It is such a nice evening, not too demanding, (apart from the obstinate pile of ironing to do but i'm stubborn too and i'm ignoring it as well)..and then that, so more explanations why, not safe, this is because we care for you, and after all my repetitive points my precious Jewel said 'then you don't love me, mum, my life is not worth living' and there must have been ten of those statements.
Pause.
She went upstairs in her room so I turned to Jesus and asked for help.
I knew that on my own I cannot handle this situation! I waited for a few minutes. I went upstairs too in my tiny office and then went to see her. She was upset, tears were pouring down..this is when I remembered how hard it is to be told what you can do and can't do and appreciate what you are allowed to do. We talked, laughed, and somehow, i'm not sure why ended up to eat poached eggs! She went to bed early and we prayed together. Praise the Lord, oh my soul, and keep us close to your love.
In Jesus'name. Amen. Blessings to you all.

No comments:

fb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
PersonalizedSketchesandSentiments