Do not judge and you will not be judged.
Forgive and you will be forgiven.
Give and it will be given to you.
Luke 6: 37-38

20 March 2011

New background...



I must admit that at times I am not on this planet..I forgot the difference between template and background! One is so easy to change, the background whereas templates can be awkward to set, especially if you have to fit the code into the html page, something I don't relish doing..still done!
This morning, I brought Imogen two tablets of ibuprofen as she told me that her throat was still painful. At least, her temperature was down so she was on the mend. Steven and I went to Stowe-by-Chartley and I was so glad to meet up with everyone. 
Reference to the i-pad and how many times its users downloaded the Bible in 60 days set an humourous tone at the beginning of the sermon. So can you guess the figure? the answer is 3.4 million times. It is certainly edifying to know that all over the world Christians (or people wanting to find more about Christianity) are reading the Bible, the only book that is God-breathed.  2 Timothy 3:16 says:  All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, Also, in 2 Peter 1:21 we are reminded that the prophets did not make things up as they wished but were used by the Lord: For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit. The Gospel was about Jesus being led in the desert to be tempted by the devil. Matthew 4-1:11 In this passage, there is ample evidence that Jesus knows his Bible and it allows Him to defeat  the tempter. Another question was: would you find it useful to learn verses of the bible by heart? Now, my heart jumped when I heard that, as yesterday while I was exploring a new blog where the author had told her bible study ladies to learn some verses by heart. How extraordinary! Something that I might do, what about you, have you ever considered learning bible verses by heart?
Blessings to all. N.

1 comment:

Territory Mom said...

Love the background. I memorize scripture and teach my kids as much as possible. As a kid we started memorizing the books of the bible first then the 23rd Psalms. When trying to clean my house I always say, "I can do all things through Christ which strenghtens me." Phil 4:13. Have a great day.

fb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
PersonalizedSketchesandSentiments