18 June 2015
Another fundraising meeting!
Last night we had another fundraising meeting at the vicarage! The very ordered brainstorming session lasted more than two hours, not counting the time spent outside the box eating biscuits or going off on a tangent! It was fun! Everyone is responsible to put their idea into practice!
One of our sister had a wonderful idea based on The parable of the tenants. So watch this space!
How to have an effective fundraising?
1) The event must be exciting and of quality, potentially attractive to all ages
2) It has to be well advertised. In the team Mid-trent Churches, we are using a magazine called compass and it's delivered free of charge in every household of the different parishes.
3) In my personal opinion, it is effective when when people do what they are happy to do (obvious but not so easy to sort out). For example, one of our brothers enjoys preparing a quizz, and one of our musician sisters is sorting out a concert.
When does it go wrong?
1) Weather can make things go pear shape!
2) Not enough time given to organisation and communication could be disastrous!
It if goes wrong, not to worry, one has to learn from one's mistakes.
Do you participate to fundraising in your church? Do you find it a chore or a pleasure?
Have a blessed day in Christ.