31 August 2015
The Indwelling Word Ministries: Rest In God's Presence: "And He said, 'My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest'” ( Exodus 33:14). "Come to me, all who labor a...
26 August 2015
25 August 2015
Sponsored Bike Ride - Le Tour de France comes to Hixon - Staffordshire Saturday 29 August 2015
At the Airfield. first entrance on the right as you are going down New Road to the A50
2.30 to 4.30 pm
Family friendly - Refreshments - Fun for the whole family.
22 August 2015
Here are a few questions that might help you determine if you are an enabling parent.
- Have you loaned him money repeatedly, seldom (if ever) being repaid?
- Have you paid bills he was supposed to have paid himself?
- Have you accepted part of the blame for his addictions or behavior?
- Have you avoided talking about negative issues because you feared his response?
- Have you begun to worry that the financial burden is more than you can bear?
- Have you given him "one more chance" and then another and another?
- Have you wondered how he gets money to buy cigarettes, video games, new clothes, smart phones and such but can't afford to pay his own bills?
What to do?
We can pray for the power to change ourselves.
We can help (not enable) adult children of any age develop wings to fly on their own.
We can find comfort in knowing we are not alone on this journey.
We can take back our life!
14 August 2015
Have a blessed evening.
7 August 2015
|Gardening, Steven mowing...|
I have updated the photo gallery page and I'm therefore inviting you to have a look !
Tomorrow, we are off to Limoges for a wedding, my school friend Brigitte's son Gaetan is getting married! It is sooo exciting and I am so pleased to be able to make it, partly because we could fit our hols round it.
Have a blessed week-end and keep us in your prayers.
3 August 2015
Good evening my friends, we have been in France in the Poitou-Charente region since Wednesday the 29th of July and we've been blessed by a lovely weather and friendly people.
Today the temperature reached 33 degrees C. so we were not surprised to see the sheep finding shelter.
Just before going to the caves, we had a drink on the terrasse of a quaint restaurant. Its interesting menus that are also reasonably priced attract lots of tourists and French people so you should really book.
The following photo is of interest for any historian, this plaque on the bridge out of Savigne bears the name of Napoleon III, I was shocked when I read the inscription
You may wonder why I took this picture of Steven coming back from the campsite on his own. After visiting the church of Savigne and finding out that the caves were another 4 kms away on the route of Limoges, I suddenly realised that I left my watch. However I could not remember if I'd left it in the shower cubicle or put it back in my bag so my darling hubby suggested he'd go back to the campsite to find out. I could wait for him at the top of the hill. That was kind of him, I find this hill pretty steep, well |I think that I am not the only one!
As we left the church of Savigne, the bells started to chime. Outside, the archeologists stacked ancient sarcophages that were discovered
After a very emotional day yesterday when I got to meet up with relatives of mine, two dear cousins whom I haven't met for years, today has been very tranquil. We were told that a heavy storm was on its way and we should put stuff away safely but so far nothing.
Have a blessed evening. What are you doing during your hols, let me know.
- I was born in France and brought up as a catholic. After the traumatic divorce of my parents, I moved to England and became a lost sheep. However I was convinced that I was 'a good person' until I fell in a muddy pit in July 2005 after taking decisions without seeking God's Word for guidance. I cried out to the Lord and He heard me. I was rescued and redeemed by Jesus-Christ my saviour. He has turned my life around. I live blissfully with my husband Steven, a c.o.e. vicar, near Stafford (UK). We are the proud parents of three loving daughters, I am also a step-mum, I have an amazing family including a step mum, two brothers and two sister and a dear sister-in-law and her children and grand-children, lots of cousins and eleven nephews and nieces. We live near Stafford in the UK.